My name is Courtney. I have a Bachelor of Arts in English, and am currently working on my Master’s in Library and Information Science. As you can imagine, I love books, libraries, and am fascinated with history. I enjoy reading historical fiction and romance, as well as some epic fantasy.
Affiliations (Clubs and Organizations): Eloisa James’ Book Club, Old School Romance Book Club (OSRBC), Sophie Barnes Ambassadors, The Regency Readers (Sarah Ladd’s Street Team), Lindenistas, Band of Booksters, The Romance of Reading (formerly Read-a-Romance Book Club), Entangled Historical Romance Fans, Regency Romance Fans, Kristi Ann Hunter’s Good Little Readers, League of Extraordinary Historical Romance Authors
My Favorite Authors: Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Julia Quinn, Julie Klassen, Kristi Ann Hunter, Tessa Dare, Sarah E. Ladd, Kathleen McGowan, Kelly Bowen, Maya Rodale, Lenora Bell, Lauren Willig, Susanna Kearsley, Lucinda Riley, Jessica Cale
Top Ten Favorite Romance Novels (in no particular order):
- Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
- The Tutor’s Daughter by Julie Klassen
- The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
- My American Duchess by Eloisa James
- The Painter’s Daughter by Julie Klassen
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- False Colours by Georgette Heyer
- Dawn at Emberwilde by Sarah E. Ladd
- How the Duke Was Won by Lenora Bell
- What a Wallflower Wants by Maya Rodale
Genres I review: Historical romance, epic fantasy romance, historical fiction. Will try to occasionally do contemporary and paranormal/urban fantasy romance, but as these are not my preferred genres, posts on these will be rare.
Note on format: I almost always review the print edition, unless I state otherwise. I do not review ebook-exclusive works. I don’t usually review audiobooks, except in circumstances where I am able to obtain a copy.